Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011





Welcome to the 50 States Blog Hop!! 



Welcome to the 50 States Blog Hop! Most of us would love to travel but are having staycations this year. What better way to travel but through a blog hop. This hop was inspired by our host Shawnee's journey across the United States as she traveled with her family to their new home. The United States is truly beautiful with many wonderful places to visit and see.

If you've hopped along from Indiana --Lisa Peters s, then you are in the right place!! If you are just joining me from your dashboard or happened along from somewhere else, please be sure to CLICK HERE to start with the first state in the union, Delaware, because you won't want to miss out on any of the fun (or any of the blog candy!!)...

There is an AMAZING Grand Prize Package for one LUCKY hopper (winner chosen by Rafflecopter)!!  To be entered to win, please do the following:
So what's the Grand Prize???
Cricut Cartridge - Destinations, beautiful handmade flowers from Shannon at Creative Chaos Flowers, and a $20 Gift Certificate to Scraptastical Kreations.
Now on to my state and my project....

Welcome to the GREAT state of MISSISSIPPI
Y'all take a seat and enjoy a glass of sweet iced tea with me. :) 
Here are just a few great things about the state I was born and raised in.

Our state capital is Jackson. Our flower is the Magnolia.

Here are just a few famous natives and residents:

Bo Diddley;William Faulkner,Brett Favre ,John Grisham,Jim Henson ,James Earl Jones ,B. B. King,Elvis Presley ,Jerry Rice, Jimmie Rodgers, Muddy Waters ,Tennessee Williams,Oprah Winfrey, Richard Wright ,Tammy Wynett




This is my very first layout :) I used the Cricut 50 States cartridge to make my state flower, the flag and the state shape. 

Here some great facts about Mississippi 


Next you will want to hop on over to http://savingmine.blogspot.com/

I will be giving away some great blog CANDY!!!! The Cricut Cartridge Plantin Schoolbook to one lucky winner!!! all you have to do is be a follower and comment on this blog hop for the 50 States! I will pick a random winner in one week. Thank you for stopping by :)

Now you can hop to the NEXT STATE IN THE UNION!!  Remember to leave a comment on each state to be eligible for the GRAND PRIZE!! 



50 States Hop



25 comments:

  1. Loved your layout and I am a follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. great hop idea very cleaver and cute project

    TFS!!!
    Cathie
    scraphappycat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful page!!! I am a follower and looking forward to seeing much more!!!

    Have a scrap- happy day,
    Lisa G
    http://lisa-scrappingspot.blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout!! I love that you used the 50 States cartridge. This is a great 1st layout.
    Thank you for being a part of this fun hop!

    Blessings,
    Shawnee
    Co Host
    50 States Blog hop
    http://www.blessedonthebrightside.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liking seeing everyone's creation & your layout is wonderful. Have traveled thru Mississippi to FL.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your layout. never been there, who knows, maybe some day. Seems a lot of famous people love it there.
    mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a new follower. Loved your layout TFS

    mjblahnik56@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great layout Enjoli (love your name :)! I am itching to jump in my car and come and visit you! I am a new follower of your cute blog and can't wait to come back and visit.

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to add to my previous comment....I have been to Mississippi twice. Both times we went to Southaven for a baseball national tournament. You have the most beautiful baseball complex!!!!! We are hoping our 5 year old son will have the opportunity to come play there too!!

    Glad to be in this hop with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't realize Louisiana and Mississippi had the same state flower. Your layout taught me something tonight. Thanks for sharing neighbor.
    thecraftingcajun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic LAYOUT!! It's Beautiful! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE WHOLE THING!! I'm coming to Visit MISSISSIPPI and drink some REAL Sweet Tea with you! I know I Know, McDonald's Sweet Tea in Ohio is not the same!! PS... I can hear your amazing accent laughing at me right now!! HEHE!
    OH and PS You know I"m already a follower!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    http://craftyandgreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. very pretty love your layout, thanks for sharing

    pinky4611@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving all the fun facts that I didn't know about your fabulous state! And GREAT JOB on your FIRST page layout!

    I am now follower your blog. So very nice to meet you! Stop over to my blog sometime and give me a shout out!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job! Love how you listed the famous peeps! :) I am a new follower as well! :)
    co11een903@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute layout! I'm a new follower.

    Robin
    www.scrapandchat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love those little peeps in the corner.... how awesome!

    It was fun to do this hop with you!
    Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
    Stop by my blog anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It would have been a shame had you not had Mississippi! :) Of course you did a great job on the LO, I love how you added the flag into the lo too!
    Theresa
    tmdettloff@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing you lay out. You did a beautiful job. I love how you marked on the state where your home is.

    http://racincrafts.blogspot.com/ or
    racincrafts at aim dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did such a great job and thanks for all the awesome info on your state! Love it! I am a new follower. Thanks for the chance to win. :0)

    Be sure to stop by my blog to enter my 500 followers giveaway!

    XO ~ Amy Jo
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This was such a fun hop to work on AND hop through! I keep learning so much. I love the little kids you put on the frame :) TFS

    of course I'm a blog follower... :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! I love it...... I'm also a fellow Mississippian And you did a great job representing our state. I am also a new follower and am now addicted!

    ReplyDelete